Established in 1991 Carolina Catering Corporation d/b/a Sky Caterers, is the Management Group Investors (MGI) affiliate company that provides food preparation and distribution services to commercial airlines, corporate aircrafts, hospitals, hotels, restaurants and other commercial institutions in Puerto Rico.
Operating the largest industrial kitchen in the Central America and Caribbean region, Sky Caterers is the only locally-based food service company certified by federal regulatory agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FAA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to deliver in-flight meal services at the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
With direct access to the SJU International Airport, Sky Caterers facilities provide:
• Over 200,000 sq. ft. of food handling areas
• Designated production areas for hot & cold food, bakery and pastries preparation
• Electric generators, potable water tanks and a fleet of 45 vehicles
In-flight meal services include:
• Food preparation and packing
• Storage, transportation and boarding of products
• Flow management equipment for serving on board meals and drinks
Sky Caterers - Nutritional & Cafeteria Services division focuses on providing hospitals as well as other institutions the adequate food products to meet individual dietary requirements according to health conditions, taste and cultural preferences. Additionally, the Quality Control division keeps associates educated on the best food preparation practices, monitors processes and enforces compliance with all regulatory standards to ensure the highest quality production is served daily.